At St. Vincent Health, your doctor is in – though you could be virtually anywhere!
Joining a Virtual Telehealth Visit with a St. Vincent Provider
At St. Vincent, we use Athena Telehealth for our appointment portal. These are patient instructions. We can also walk you through the process over the phone, with a call to 719-486-1264. Read on, or download the telehealth guide.
Before your visit & check-in
Prior to your visit, you’ll receive an appointment confirmation email and a reminder message via email or text message, depending on your preferred method of contact on file with the practice (and so long as you have previously consented to messaging from us).
These messages will include the details of your visit, and the URL for access to your Telehealth session. The initial confirmation email will also include a link to a preappointment device check, which gives you the option to test and troubleshoot your device settings any time before your appointment
On the day of your appointment, the office staff may check you in over the phone prior, at which point, if you’re unable to locate the link, you may request that it be resent. You may also call the office to request your link be re-sent.
In the virtual waiting room
After clicking the link and verifying your connection, you should:
1. Enter your name, to be displayed when your provider joins the call
3. Enter the private virtual waiting room and verify the details of your appointment
4. Preview and manage your device settings (test audio and video, mute your microphone, or choose a front- or back-facing camera on mobile). Make sure that your camera and microphone access are not blocked in your browser settings.
Join the telehealth visit
As soon as your provider joins the room, the visit will begin automatically. Multiple providers may enter and exit the room throughout the visit, as appropriate. The practice staff should inform you when it’s time to leave the session, or let you know to stay present and wait for another provider to join the session.
When the visit is over and you leave the Athena Telehealth session, a “Thank you!” message will appear and inform you that you may close the window.
The Athena Telehealth experience works on desktop and mobile, but only via a web browser.
You don’t need to download an application to your device. Browser requirements include:
• Google Chrome (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
• Microsoft Edge (chromium-based, version 79 and later), for Windows
• Safari (version 12+) on macOS
• Firefox (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
• Google Chrome on android (latest three versions)
• Safari on iOS 12+ (This feature doesn’t support other browsers such as Chrome